How We Support You -
Bee Hive Homes franchise owners benefit from over 20 years of assisted living home best practices which were gleaned from franchising over 120 homes across 14 states. You will benefit from our experience as you move from the initial stages of site selection through your operational training and marketing training and into the day to day operation of your own home.
Site Selection -
Visit with your local zoning commissions and describe our assisted living franchise. They will be able to let you know of the zoning requirements that your community requires. The costs and needs for lot improvements like water and sewer will need to be evaluated. We require a residential feel as much as possible for the surrounding area. Each Bee Hive Home assisted living franchise typically has a population buffer of at least 15,000 surrounding the property. For multiple homes on a single property the buffer surrounding the location increases by 15,000 per home.
Construction and Development -
Over the last few decades Bee Hive Homes has acquired deep experience in creating new homes. This experience has been harnessed in a comprehensive and specific checklist that is nearly 300 steps long. We will provide you with this list, and guide you along its path, to ensure that all required facets of a successful opening of a Bee Hive Assisted Living Home are addressed.
As you progress along the list you will know what to do when — like when to start hiring employees or when to hang your state permit on your wall.
We do not require you to use any specific contractor. We have many contractors who we trust that can go nation wide and build your home to our specifications if you choose them.
Startup Training and Support -
Our training program will have you prepared to effectively operate your home and care for your residents. All owners and managers will participate in an orientation, and an extensive training program. You will also become familiar with our history and operating philosophy that has made us so successful. Much of the training is “on the job” which takes place at an actual operating location where you will actively participate in the caregiving and employee management.
Each operator will receive and be trained to utilize our complete Home Operations Manuals. These manuals address most of the questions regarding the day to day operations of your home. During the opening week of your home, trainers will be with you and your staff to help them move from the classroom learning to the real world learning with your own residents.
Ongoing Training and Support -
Ongoing support is only a phone call away. You will develop a framework of support across the network of homes that will support you in your specific questions. Every six months your region will have a training meeting where you will rub shoulders with and learn from those who are experienced in the operation of a home. Yearly, Bee Hive Homes holds a National Conference that provides training classes and lectures by industry and company experts. This event is a wonderful opportunity to learn from the best and raise the bar on the best practices you find in your home.
Your Personal Investments -
A successful Bee Hive Homes franchise owner has the following personal qualifications as a minimum:
- Enjoys working with and serving elderly people.
- Has experience in the health care industry and/or a willingness to learn senior care.
- Has the time and ability to be personally involved in the day to day operations of your home.
- Is able to be involved in the community and to follow a proven marketing plan to fill your assisted living home with residents.
- Ability to manage finances including a thorough understanding of business financial statements.
- Willingness to complete a comprehensive training program and become proficient in all aspects of operating a Bee Hive Homes Assisted Living business.
- The capability to effectively manage an organization that recruits, trains, and motivates the finest employees who deliver an exceptional senior care experience.
Your Financial Investments -
- The initial Bee Hive Homes franchise fee is $50,000.
- Ongoing royalty payments are 5% of the home’s gross income.
- There are NO advertising payments in addition to the basic royalty payment.
- There are NO mandatory products or services that you will be required to purchase from the corporate office.
- Costs associated with the construction and startup of your home are separate from the franchise costs.
Acquiring your land and your building -
Owning a Bee Hive Homes assisted living franchise means you are an independent business owner operating under the business model provided by Bee Hive Homes. Currently the costs associated with purchasing land and constructing a building can range from $700,000 to over $2,000,000+ depending on current construction market forces, finishing work and land costs. We provide our proprietary assisted living home designs to your architect and engineers so that they can generate the personalized certified building plans as your local situation requires.
Bee Hive Homes franchise does not provide financing. A lending institution will need to be assured of your ability and your financial strength to operate and own a Bee Hive Home franchise. A bank will typically need to see that you and/or your partner have 20% of the overall cost of your assisted living franchise available in cash or land assets.